Saturday 24 November 2007

Are we on the brink of a new ice age?

Do you really want to scare yourself?!

I do my bit for the environment, admittedly I could do more but I've got a fairly low carbon footprint anyway.

If I can I'll bike or walk to where I need to get.
My hobbies don't use any fuel or power (kites, hiking, biking)
Lights get turned off when I'm not in the room, as does any heating.
I'll buy organic or farm produced food when possible (no packaging)
I avoid unnecessary flights, it helps that I'm not that keen on flying anyway, but I'd still rather have a weekend away in one of the UK's wonderful cities than pop off to Paris etc.

So anyway I've far to much time on my hands since quiting my job and moving to Wales, so when the afternoons get cold after hiking or kiting I get to play on the internet (which would be even better if BT pulled their finger out and sorted my line out, but thats another story) and I've found these fantastic if not worryng sites.

Have a look and let me know your views on climate change.

Deaths births and Energy output of the world


Mega Disasters: Mega Freeze
Mega Disasters: Mega Freeze


Just a small exerpt from The World without us book by Alan Weisman

No comments: